Trends for Summer Fashion and Makeup
Posted: Jul 03 2014
We know Singapore is Summer all year around but, for the sake of it, let’s pretend that this particularly scorching few months from June to August is the “real summer”. During this time, we are all tempted to wear as little material as possible, so as to avoid melting under the Sun’s evil glare; at the same time, we know it’s hardly possible to go everywhere in just a tank top and shorts.
Thus, we have chosen some beautiful key pieces for you to wear in all sorts of situations, and added in makeup inspirations for you to match ! Here’s how you can feel cool whilst looking so very hot!
For those attending weddings as bridesmaids (yes, we’ve got you guys covered), we would recommend this gorgeous Love in the Flair Dress! It comes in 3 pastel shades of peach, yellow, and blue, and would look with light simple makeup!
To get the look as above, we suggest these makeup products:
1) Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation
2) Nars Blush in “Sex Appeal”
3) K-Palette 24 Hr Real Lasting Eyeliner
4) Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette
5) Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in “Crystal Pink”
6) Cle De Peau Luminizing Face Enhancer in “Delicate Pink”
7) Em Cosmetics Cosmetics Chiaroscuro in “Fair Tones”
8) Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper and Hair Touch up in “Blonde”
9) Maybelline Falsies Mascara Waterproof
Next, we have a look for those who are proud of their femininity and want to show off their gorgeous girly sides!
The Confessa Aztec Textured Dress is soft, flowly, and just so comfortable! Pairing it with high heels is all you need – forget layers of cardigans or shawls or jewelry even. Coming to you in shades of blue, white, and black, you have the choice to choose whichever color suits your moods and needs!
Makeup-wise, we suggest going for lighter coverage, a luminescent complexion, and pinker lips and cheeks. So here’s what we’ve got on the list:
1) Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion SPF 50+
2) Guerlain Meteorites in “01 Teint Rose”
3) Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up
4) Lancome Hypnose Mascara
5) Dior My Lady Blush in “003 Pink”
6) Maybelline Pink Alert in “POW 1”
7) Lunasol Nature Color Eyes Eyeshadow in “05 Nature Colorful”
8) Bobbi Brown Clear Lip Gloss
9) Amazing Cosmetics Brow Powder in “01”
If the girly look isn’t quite for you, then why not opt for a happier summery one with our California Livin’ Cropped Top? Doesn’t it just look so cheerful with its bright colors and tropical theme? All you need to do is perch your favorite sunglasses on the top of your head and throw on some ripped denim shorts to look complete the ensemble! (Psst – maybe throw in a neon-colored cross body bag to up the eye catching factor!)
Your makeup can definitely be more minimalistic in this situation, even lip gloss would be fine. Then again, here’s your chance to be more explorative and playful in your choices, so why not try these instead:
1) Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick
2) Dior 5 Coleurs Transat Edition in “344 Atlantique”
3) Dior Fluid Stick in “373 Rieuse”
4) Chanel Jardin De Camelias Illuminating Powder
5) Yves Saint Laurent Anti-Cernes Multi-Action Concealer
6) Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder
7) Givenchy Le Prisme Powder Blush in “23 Aficionado Peach”
8) Yves Saint Laurent Dessin Des Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil in “3 Glazed Brown”
9) Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Ah! When we think summer we tend to think of the Bohemian look don’t we? Must be all the Coachella feels!
Our Sunny Fling Scarf Dress is the purrrfect dress for this occasion – with it’s silky texture and loose casual feel, you’re bound to feel so breezy and relaxed! Coming in two colors of yellow and white, both with amazingly beautiful patterns, being spoilt for choice is more than natural.
Fit the sun kissed look with some bronze-toned contouring and nude lips by using these products:
1) NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
2) YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in “3.5”
3) Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder
4) Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara in “It-Black”
5) Guerlain Terracotta Sun Celebration Bronzing Powder and Blush
6) Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in “101 Beige Mousseline”
7) Givenchy Terre Exotique Healthy Glow Powder
8) Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in “Cognac Sable”
9) Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in “Light/Medium”
Our last look is for the lovely office ladies – don’t think we’ve forgotten about you!
We’ve specially chosen this Crystalized Flair Embellished Top for that extra sparkle in your corporate wear; it looks classy without being overly dressy, and is sure to be great for days when you have to make that special presentation!
All you need to do to add that cherry on top of everything is to lead your way into the workplace with the right makeup, and have we got the best choices for you:
1) Lancome Teint Miracle Liquid Foundation
2) Shu Uemura Lightbulb Compact
3) Marc Jacobs Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Waterproof Eyeliner in “Blacquer”
4) Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in “84 Accent”
5) Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara
6) Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings Kit in “Medium”
7) KATE Real Create Eyes Eyeshadow Palette in “BR-1”
8) NARS Contour Blush in “Paloma”
9) MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in “Ruby Woo”
If you guys have any other makeup choices you’d like to play with, do feel more than welcome to tweak it any way you want! We all have different ways of expressing ourselves after all, so go out loud and go out proud to be who you are!
To all our readers here who have been supporting us, we would like to offer all of you 10% off all Marie's, our special makeup artist for this post, services when you quote "Hollyhoque" :)
Makeup Artist: Marie Soh